I am a college student and I am currently under the coverage of my parent’s insurance policy. Im just wondering what car insurance discounts I can get to lower my car insurance premium in Dallas.
Here are the some important reminders that can help you lower your car insurance premium in Dallas.
1. If you still live with your parents, its is cheaper if you stay in their policy because it sis the easiest way to get cheap college student auto insurance.
2. College student auto insurance discounts are given to students who commute a short distance to work and school. This is often referred to as low mileage discount.
3. If you are under 25 years of age with a grade point average of a “B” or higher, you may be qualified to get good student discount with auto insurance.
4. Drive an older car. If you have an older car it is better not to get collision or comprehensive insurance.
6. Obtain various quotes online to find affordable college student auto insurance without having to provide the same information for each insurers.
7. Keep a clean driving record.
8. Avoid having DUI in your record because you may not be qualified for auto insurance policies offered by reputable cheap insurers.
9. Various car insurance providers offer discounts for college students who carry both their renters and auto insurance policy with the same insurers.
10. Car insurance providers use your zip code to help determine your risks as a driver. If you live in an area where there is a high traffic density and crime rate, you will expect your car insurance premium to be quiet high.